An electrician is a roundsman who works for maintaining building wiring and installation of electronic equipment. Not only this they repair and replace old wires. They keep records for every electrical matter and hence are responsible for their proper maintenance.
With increased awareness people are choosing certified electricians as a well trained and experienced person is supposed to make fewer mistakes as compared to untrained and inexperienced. For this many governments have started a certification program for electricians.
The courses are usually short term courses. They do not only train but are also responsible for perfect job placements. They provide a certificate. The course helps in receiving a license if the person wants to start his own electronic shop.
Electricians nowadays use common equipment called multimeter.
What is multimeter?
- A multimeter as the term itself clarifies is an equipment used for measuring multiple units which are voltage, current, and resistance.
- A hand-held multimeter is easy to use as they are portable and can be carried to any place. Thus are useful in field work.
- Different types of multimeters with a digital display screen are available in the market.
- Simple multimeters are cheap while calibrated multimeters are usually costly.
Why use a multimeter?
Many people think multimeter is useless and they never think it a good idea to spend money on multimeter while it most used equipment in any household. Some common uses of multimeter are mentioned below:
- They are going to help you in knowing your battery conditions. As you have forgotten that which battery is functional and which is not. Use a multimeter to determine it.
- It also helps in checking if there is any fault in an extension cord. This will protect any accident at workplace.
- In the bulk of bulbs, you want to know which one is functional and which is not, use your multimeter it will surely help you.
- Used to check for the bad switchboard and ports.
Electricians usually use seven functional multimeters. As they provide accurate measurements. They are easy to use with a digital display screen and auto zero adjustment feature.
- Provides accurate measurements for AC/DC voltage, current, resistance.
- Easy to read display screen.
- Instant results are produced on the screen.
- Battery indicator helps in determining the battery status.
- Over range, indicators are among other features.
- CCA test leads are present.
- The grip handle makes it easy to use.
Besides several advantages of the multimeter, there are few risks of using a multimeter. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It becomes dangerous to use a multimeter on equipment when it is connected with the current. It can cause huge damage.
- Combination of high current and high voltage are highly dangerous so never use a multimeter in that condition.
It is always advised to check all the pros and cons of equipment before purchasing them. Same applies here, you can check on several online links which multimeter will be suitable for you and thus can order online also.